Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Our summer life

Thanksgiving Point for the month of August has $2 Tuesdays where you can go to the gardens, the petting zoo, or the dinosaur museum for $2. My mom, some of my sisters, and I planned on going to the gardens yesterday. My dad suprised and got work off so he could come with us. It was a beautiful place! It was crowded, I am sure due to the discounted admission, and hot. Otherwise I really enjoyed the gardens. I think it is the perfect place for a romantic marriage proposal. I will have to talk to my brothers about that one day. I am not a photographer by any means but here are some pictures for those who have never been.

The Italian Garden

Grandma helping Benjamin cool off.

The Butterfly Garden

One of the Waterfalls

The Rose Garden



I can't remember which Garden this is, but it is cool because you spiral up a hill to get here (the top).
Benjamin has learned to point, and loved to point and touch the flowers.


Well Joseph has learned a lot. Last year for my birthday, we moved. And that was all we did that day. You can bet I was pretty upset, note that I did have a brand new baby and emotions out of whack. Joseph this year made up for it a lot! I got to choreograph for BYU's spring opera HMS Pinafore. After this experience, I learned how much I enjoy the opera. Especially Gilbert & Sullivan. The Utah Opera and Utah Symphony had a performance up in Deer Valley, Park City on my birthday. Joseph was wonderful and got us tickets. They performed excerpts from Gilbert & Sullivans' HMS Pinafore, Pirates of Penzance, The Mikado, and The Gondoliers. It was a lovely evening with beautiful scenery, especially as the moon came up and over the mountains. It was funny to see everyone with their bottles of wine and champagne with picninc baskets while Joseph and I were eating our Subway. I definitely enjoyed this birthday. Grandma came over to watch Benjamin-who would not let daddy go!









5 comments:

Utah Dancer said...

looks like you guys had fun! I need to get up there too. I am sure the girls would love it. He is so cute btw, I can't believe how much he's grown since I saw him last!

Ashlee said...

Thanks for the Thanksgiving Point tip! We are for sure going to have to go! Hey I was wondering if you weren't too busy if you want to get together sometime? I haven't seen you since Shay's shower! I was thinking we could have a picnic at a park or go to... I don't know somewhere kid friendly and fun. Email me or something if you want to do it. I am kind of busy this week and next, but the last week of August or the first week of September I am pretty open... I would love to see you!

Ashlee said...

oh and by the way cute husband points to your hubby!

Laura said...

Sounds like such a fun night! Way to go Joseph!

coryshay said...

hey steph! It's so good to hear what's going on with you! Sounds like fun!