Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Frustrating times
Valentines day celebration this year was going to be big. Our stake had a big dance with a live band and Joseph agreed to go. My parents took Benjamin for his first sleepover that night. It was meant to be an evening of fun with maybe a movie afterward. But as life would have it, all three of us received the nastiest colds. We have had them for almost two weeks with not much recovery. Benjamin even had a 101 degree fever this Sunday, a week and a half into the cold. Benjamin did well and slept at my parents Friday night. Joseph and I went to the dance for a bit and tried to muster up as much energy as possible. Then we came home and crashed to bed. Unfortunately Joseph had a weight lifting appointment at 7am the next morning so there wasn't any sleeping in the one possible day for it. All day Valentines Joseph slept on the couch while I entertained Benjamin all day. Oh well, we will have to make it up when we aren't still sick. My other, and largest, frustration is Benjamin. He refuses to eat. I honestly don't know how he is alive and he needs the food to fight this cold. He will eat oatmeal for breakfast, which I am so very grateful for. But nothing else the rest of the day unless it is crackers or sugar that daddy sneaks to him. I don't know what to do, he refuses new food before tasting it, and after taking a few bites with no problem. He also has quit eating things he had no problem with before like PB&J's, all fruit, cheese, etc. We have tried letting him feed himself, giving him attention when eating, not giving him attention, forcing a bite in his mouth only to have him let it sit there until it drools out. Unfortunately this isn't something that is just recent, this has been for weeks and has occured months in the past. You think the kid would be hungry enough he would finally eat, but nope. Not Benjamin. This has been such a war at our house. Trying to get our child to eat more than breakfast and some milk. I really hope that he changes because this has become a real problem for us and we are concerned that he doesn't eat at all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I have that same problem with Afton. She won't eat anything and then she can't sleep because she is so hungry.
I am sorry that you all were sick!!!
That sounds awful, Steph. Does he ACT hungry? I hope you all feel better! Soon!
Jocelyn wouldn't eat for 2 weeks and it was very hard! I feel for you! Good luck!
Post a Comment