Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Potty Dance and some shoes

I got this Pampers Pull-ups pamphlet in the mail and just had to share for those who may not have seen this. I thought it was pretty funny.

1. Put your left hand out 2. Put your right on top 3. Let 'em drop 4. Do the hula hoop 5. Do the Potty Dance! 6. Put your knees together 7. Cross your legs 8. Shake it around 9. Do the Potty Dance! I guess you can download the song at Pull-ups.com

Well I was finally able to convince Joseph that he needed new shoes and it was ok to buy new ones. He has had a black pair of shoes for 4 1/2 years and brown ones for 2 years. He told me that the soles had cracked and his socks were getting wet. After this he was willing to listen to me and get new ones. Usually I will find one or two pairs to choose from that are a good price and pick one to bring home. After a great suggestion from a friend to look at JCPenney's I went to find a great selection on sale. I couldn't decide what Joseph would like and made him come with me to pick his own shoes. This is an amazing accomplishment. There are very few clothing items that Joseph has picked out. His wardrobe is mostly of clothes I and other friends/family have bought for him (plus a few old high school/college tees from sports). He picked out some very nice shoes and will now have dry socks. I took some pictures of the old and new just to show how bad it got before he would let me buy new shoes. I have a great appreciation for his willing to sacrifice for his family.


4 comments:

Laura said...

I've seen the potty dance online. They also had a Charmin dance music video when we were in NYC visiting the Charmin bathrooms.

Yay, Joseph for getting new shoes! They look great.

The Carlsens said...

New shoes look great!

Emily said...

Joseph's new shoes look awesome! You are such a great wife. Did Benjamin ever start eating normal again? Poor little guy (and mom!)! I hope everyone is feeling better! How is pregnancy?

Kent and Kate said...

Yeah! for new shoes! Kent is the same way. It is good that they don't want to spend lots of money, but come on guys! You can get a new pair of shoes every once in a while.