Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A little of this and a little of that

After I uploaded the pictures, I realized that there are a lot. Sorry about that! I should have done seperate posts, but I am to lazy to go back and redo it. We have had some funny moments at home with a few family activites I thought I would share.My skinny little boy showing off his new haircut.
Benjamin has learned that he likes keeping on sunglasses.
I was doing dishes Sunday morning and Benjamin handed me the camera then went and posed. Hmmm, not very camera shy is he.
We have discovered Benjamin's ultimate love-chocolate! We made chocolate cookies and Benjamin kept going in the dough for chocolate chunks like an addict.
Last week we went to the zoo. Something from my to do list before the baby comes. Benjamin loved the elephants and monkeys. Unfortunately he didn't see much else since every elementary school kid was there.
Funny little guy was talking jibberish but was very direct in his tone and pointing to the water.
Not quite there yet.
This Saturday we hiked Big Springs. Joseph is helping Benjamin explore the world of bugs.
The universal sign for bugs in Benjamin's language.
Benjamin loves his dad so much! How is going to deal with him being gone?

For Memorial Day we went to my grandparents in Holden. The day included dirtbiking, a softball game, and firewood cutting. We didn't know how to keep Benjamin on the dirtbike with Joseph and ended up zipping him up in Joseph's jacket. Worked great!

My grandma helping Benjamin over to the softball field.

Joseph trying to tag Benjamin out, oops Benjamin keeps going through his legs. :)

Helping Joseph round the bases.

Reading with Aunt Teresa and my cousin Rose.

Rose was very excited for a little friend to play with.

My grandpa has a huge and beautiful garden. Here is a picture from the house, which is not very close. It is amazing how big his plants are already. One day my dream is to have a garden like him!
Until then, here is my garden now. You can't see a whole lot, but it's coming. Hopefully I can keep it alive when the baby comes.



4 comments:

Laura said...

Benjamin is such a cutie. I think your garden is fantastic. You do such a good job. It must run in the family.

Utah Dancer said...

He is adorable! He makes me so excited to meet my new little guy! How fun to be able to take him to Holden, what a great place for a little boy to play! Thanks for your tip about gardening--I need all the help I can get!

Utah Dancer said...

Okay, just read through some more of your blog..first of all, congrats to Joseph for earning his MPA. That is wonderful news! And, good luck with the the new baby who will come so soon. And, wow! You will be moving a bunch, won't you? Good luck with all the changes going on right now--you will do great wherever you are! Andy and I haven't moved Army style, but we have moved 10 times now and are finally at a place where we will settle down. It's not easy, but we've learned about the fun parts of new places and people. I am so glad for blogs and facebook to stay in better touch with my friends all over the place! Love you, Steph!

Emily said...

Steph i keep checking your blog for any news! You are due this week! I got a text from someone saying their baby was born and he had red hair, I thought it was you at first, but it turns out it was someone I worked with in Salt Lake, haha. Anyway! Get some rest if you can!