Well I am close to the end of this pregnancy. My due date is in about 2 weeks and I have been expecting to go over about a week. Unfortunately yesterday threw off my mentality. After a day full of cramping I woke up from a Sunday nap to a 45 min. major back pain. I couldn't move and sat in the tub in pain. We have not packed anything for the hospital, unpacked any baby things, or even picked out names. I was panicking, it didn't feel like labor but it wasn't stopping. After I mentally resolved to go to the hospital it started to get better. False alarm. Until later that night and it lasted for 1 1/2 hours, but then again went away-false alarm. It hasn't happened again and so I am not expecting anything soon, but I am not quite sure I can mentally and physically deal with these pains for 2-3 more weeks. Why couldn't the whole experience of bringing a child into this world be more pleasant?! Ok I will stop whining now-sorry.
I don't know about you but my dream has always been to get married, have kids, do things together as a family, and have a home and garden and grow old there. My dream is fading fast. Joseph has signed with the Army to fly helicopters. For the next 6-8 years we will be moving around, he will be gone with trainings and will be deployed. I feel like I just became a single parent. This is really hard for me to accept. Unfortunately when it came down to signing I didn't feel good about telling Joseph no. So he will be leaving in Aug. for S Carolina. In Jan we will all move to Ft. Rucker AL for just over a year. Then after that it is wherever and whenever the Army puts us. I really have a hard time with someone else in control of my life like that. I have made him promise that when we finish these 6 years, we are done! We will buy a house and never move again. He will get a normal hour job where he is home with his family. Hopefully God will agree.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Good Luck with every thing. We have to get together a lot before you leave.
Oh that is so hard! I am sure if anyone can handle that kind of alone-ness and pressure though it's you. You're such a great mom and such a supportive wife! Who knows... maybe you will love getting to see so many different places and meeting all kinds of different people. At least that's what I'm telling myself with our move approaching too. Good luck!
Steph you are a brave woman! My house is open to you whenever you need to hang out with another adult, or need to have someone for Benjamin to play with. Coleson would love that.
I also agree that bringing children into the world should be more pleasant...That's why i'm in favor of epidurals so you don't end up hating your child or husband!
That's so tough, I have a friend in my ward and she just found out that her husband will be deployed in August, this is his second time leaving and they have a little girl and one on the way! You'll have a lot of support and help from your family and ward family while joseph is away... take full advantage of it! I'm sure it's going to be quite over-whelming, good luck to you! Your a very strong and supportive wife, Joseph is a very lucky guy!
Also, good luck with the final weeks of your pregnancy, I can't believe that your already (almost) done!:) Hopefully, No more false alarms!
Steph! I thought I left a comment on this but I guess it didn't work. Hang in there! I just want to give you a big hug. I'm sure you will make lots of friends in AL. Sounds like a big adventure is in store. We will have to get together when I'm visiting Utah in December. You are such a wonderful person and friend. I hope all is well with the last few days of your pregnancy as well. I'm thinking about you!
Post a Comment