Thursday, September 10, 2009
Bottling Bug
I went to my old wards enrichment tonight where I was asked numerously if I missed Joseph. Who has time? The bottling season is crazy and the race is on to get one thing done before the next goes bad. We have done salsa, stewed tomatos (very time consuming with cherry tomatoes-which I do), some peaches, and spaghetti sauce. We still have many more peaches, over 100 lbs of pears, more tomatos, applesauce, and grape juice to do. My mom and I are busy all day long with this, and I teach. Life is flying when your day is jam-packed! I am grateful though that I have this chance to learn and solidify things before moving out and doing this on my own. My mom didn't bottle as I grew up and so I have only started to learn. Can't wait for Sept. to be over and this bottling madness to be over!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
mmmm love me some canned peaches. Can you ship me some?
You amaze me Stephanie! Some day you'll have to teach me all about gardening and canning.
I don't even know how to bottle! Good for you!
Post a Comment