Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day 1

Joseph has finally finished WOCS! He has only been waiting here since November for this. He is now able to come home at night and be a member of the family again.


The day after he graduated he was given a 4 day pass meaning he didn't have to check in for 4 days and could go anywhere within so many miles of the base. I took the initiative and planned a short family vacation in Destin, FL. (Which I learned how terrible I am as a travel agent. Our hotel was pretty bad.) The beach is only 2 1/2 hrs away and we were so excited. We ate dinner at this place called Graffiti and the Funky Blues which I had a $25 off of $35 coupon. We pulled up and looked at each other nervously and wondered if the atmosphere or food would be any good. No need to be worried. Their bar was in a seperate room closed off with a door. It was pretty quiet when we went and the food was great! Better than the Ruby Tuesday we have in town.

Daddy and Garrett enjoying tickling after eating.

We then went to the beaches to pick one out for the next day. We found one that was great. It was useless to try to keep Benjamin out of the water that night.

Like father like son, watching the aircraft overhead.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Congrats to Joseph! I'm so happy you are finally back together. Your little vacation looks like it was a lot of fun. It's always nice to get away for a bit.

Teresa W said...

I love the pictures of Joseph and Garret playing in the water. They look like they are having so much fun! I didn't realize you guys went all the way to Florida. What a great vacation!