So I haven't really done much writing about the boys and their growing up. Here I go. Benjamin is sooooo talkative! He has become extremely attached to his toy airplane and helicopters. They always come in the van (just to be placed in the cupholder the whole time, on his own accord). We have in our bathroom a weird cupboard where it is hinged on the bottom and the drawer inside is missing. It is Benjamin's 'oven' or so he calls it. I swear half of his hotwheel cars and his airplanes are in there all day. He loves to put things in the 'oven'. He is very much a boy and loves tractors and riding lawn mowers. He calls Lowe's the lawn mower store and has to sit on all the displays there. He has a friend he loves to play with because as Benjamin states, " Jacob has tractors. I like playing with Jacob's tractors." In nursury they call him Ben and for the last few weeks on the drive home he tells us this. I ask him if he wants me to call him Ben and he says yes. I then say "ok Ben" and he then tells me "I not Ben, I Benjamin". He loves to read. I will find him just laying on his stuffed animals and looking through tons of books. He then always asks me, "you want a book mommy?" Joseph yesterday sat on the porch reading a book. Benjamin kept running back inside and outside to get new books so he could read with daddy. Every morning he comes out and announces to me "mommy I awake". He can put on his flip-flops by himself, yeah!
Garrett-my fiesty little guy. He is walking pretty much everywhere and loves it! He can tell when I am asking him something and will always respond back "Yah". He finally has his top front teeth bringing his total to 4 teeth. What a adventurous little guy. One day in the bath tub he was sitting and decided to plunge his head in the water and bubbles. He came back up looked at me, wiped the bubbles, smiled and did it again. And again. I was a little freaked thinking he was going to drown himself. My friend who is an awesome swim teacher told me to encourage it and showed me some things to do in the pool to put his face safely under water. He LOVES it! I sometimes am shocked by things he does and forgot just how old he is. I was watching Benjamin put on his shoes and Garrett came over to me carrying his shoes. He sat down by us and tried to put them on. When I started helping him he kept lifting his feet up to help. It has been kind of interesting to see him learn more of who Joseph is. Garrett is usually pretty friendly to strangers and likes people in general. Joseph was one of those to him, a person around here and there who could make him laugh. Lately, I can't really describe how, but his relationship is starting to change and I think he starts to see Joseph as daddy. He is getting as involved in the tickling and wrestling as Benjamin. He will choose to go to Joseph and is more excited to see him than before. Though it made me happy with love to hear that while I was gone visiting my friend, Garrett sat at the door waiting for me to come home.
Number 3-yeah not much to update there except I am getting bigger. I feel like it is too hard to move, too early. I was laughing with someone about the first time your pregnant you can't feel the baby move all too early because it hard to recognize it moving. The second time you can tell earlier. The third time-I feel sea sick! Hopefully it doesn't mean she has extra attitude! Fearing the day for sure when I have to buckle three car seats every trip. Three kids to get dressed at a time. Yeah, pretty sure I won't be going anywhere for awhile. Looks like Joseph is going to be doing his SERE (a 3 week prisonar of war camp/training) right after I have the baby. Praying real hard for an easy baby.
And those are the Haymore kids in Alabama!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Wow, SERE school. I'm praying for an easy baby for you!! Great idea to write those cute details about your kids. Those are things you think you'll never forget, but do. You're a super mom!
I just had to leave a comment saying I saw your mom yesterday at the parade selling her aprons! Anyways it was good to see her, and wish I could see you more often!
Benjamin and Garrett are growing up so quickly! Happy Birthday to Benjamin!
Post a Comment