Friday, July 2, 2010

A woman

Last night as I went to bed my mind went through my day and I thought my day was full of things a woman is for. It started out with trying to potty train Benjamin. He will not for the life of him or me do it. He refuses. No treat, no reward or toy, no consequence (not even being in wet undies) will get him to sit down. I have to bend him to make him sit so we have not had any luck with it. That day I tried to talk/reason with him and of course it didn't work. However, it was a morning spent trying to educate my child. I received news from a friend back home of her devasting loss. Sent her words of sympathy. Received news of a friend here who lost her sister in a car accident the night before. Off to the commissary to get things to make her dinner and cookies. At the store, had to keep a hand between Benjamin and Garrett to stop them from fighting. (Yes Garrett is an agressive little hitter, how do you discipline a 1 year old besides saying no, and stop). Back at home made dinner for my friend. Made dinner for us. After serving my family dinner went to my friends and stayed to visit for a few hours. Came home in time to comfort Joseph before going to bed. He said he is ready to commit suicide working for this guy who yells at him all day and tells him he is incompetent for the guys own mistakes. ie the guy can't remember his own password and never told Joseph it so obviously it is Joseph's fault and he gets yelled at. Basic run down-teaching children, comforting friends, keeping house, and being there to uplift your husband. Last night I realized that these things are the work of a woman.

3 comments:

coryshay said...

Great post! I never thought I would enjoy these types of things when I was younger, but there is just such a joy that comes from doing things for others that they can't do for themselves, and the Lord blesses us so much for doing that. Keep it up, Steph! You're awesome!

Kim said...

No wonder we go to bed tired at night!! I'd say you're superwoman! I did that same wrestle with Jayden potty training...gave up til she was ready. Paying for the diapers was worth my sanity!!

debbie said...

I had a child development teacher who said, "don't worry too much about toilet training. One day, the child will come to you and say he needs to have a bowel movement and that is when the training takes place. Of course, we all hope it will be before he enters high school."