Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Go BYU!

One of the experiences I was heartbroken about leaving behing in UT was taking the family to a BYU football game. We were told this summer that BYU was coming out to play Florida State in Sept. Joseph and I lit up and hurried to the computer to see how far away it was. A 2 1/2 hour drive, we could do that with the boys! And so Sept. 18 we were able to have the family experience and memory I wished for. Overall we had a great time. Yes they lost but that wasn't why we went. It was 94 degrees plus humidity so I ended up missing most of the game as I would switch off the boys and take them under the stadium to cool off. Benjamin actually for the first time asked to potty because the bathrooms had a/c. :) If it weren't for the awful heat, I think they really would have done well in the stands. They were pretty good considering. I was really surprised how many BYU fans were there. It was such a comfort and I felt like I was at home again being amongst so many others dressed in blue.
I forgot how pregnant I was as I went up and down the stairs over and over. I would have to hurry and stretch my calves to keep from sudden cramping. While walking back to the car, there was sadly a point when my body couldn't carry Garrett any more and Joseph ended up carrying both of the boys. My leg would just stop working and I couldn't move it. (Can't wait for my body to be normal again.) As we walked back to our cars after the game, I realized how grateful I was for my college experience. Seeing everyone wasted and such made me think about the type of fun I had and the experiences I had.
We were excited to eat out for dinner as we live in a town with only the fast food chains. The only sit down restaurant (that doesn't serve everything fried) in our city is Ruby Tuesday. As I thought of all the great places I miss that we could eat at Benjamin announced he wanted Pizza Hut. We are so nice, even though we have one at home, we went for him. It was a very long day, but it was such a good day. We loved every minute of our family time!
Benjamin and Joseph went down to the field before the game started. The band was playing so Benjamin had his ears plugged.



One of the many bottles of water we went through. (Glad we have a 'baby', they let us bring in the bottles.)

Benjamin intently watching the game.

Though his face says otherwise, Garrett is cheering for his team.

Garrett's favorite part-playing cars on the bench.

Benjamin wanted to go to the top and then fell asleep on daddy.

Under the stadium in the shade moments before we left. The Haymore boys savoring the last moments of attending a BYU football game.


At Pizza Hut Benjamin tries to tackle his pizza slice.

Garrett is so happy to be out of the heat and eating greasy food.
And as if this post isn't long enough, here are a few more things. Joseph had a scout campout so for entertainment I took the boys to Oktoberfest on base. It was pretty disappointing as there was nothing to see or do. (Seriously, we walked around the whole thing in less than 5 min.) There was supposed to be a pumpkin patch, but instead it was a booth selling pumpkins you could paint there. I felt like the boys deserved some fun so I got them pumpkins. They loved painting them. We got in the van and Benjamin said, "Thanks for letting me paint my pumpkin. It's so much fun. My pumpkin's beauuuuuuutiful." These smiles at home show how much they love their pumpkins.
And here is a picture of my pink cheeked Garrett.

The boys LOVE imitating daddy when he does his push-ups. They run over and start doing them when they see him start.

3 comments:

Stacia said...

I need your mailing address because I have something for da' bebe. :^)

Kent and Kate said...

I miss you! When are you coming out here again?

Linds said...

That's so fun that you went to the game. Too bad they lost...We miss you so much!