Sunday, December 26, 2010

Holiday Cheer

Christmas Morning. We were able to skype my family while the boys opened their gifts. It was nice to feel like we were together that morning. The boys have loved playing with their new toys. It's what they get up for in the morning and the last thing they do at night.
Christmas Pajamas, a family tradition.

Thursday-Friday before Christmas we decided to make a spontaneous trip to Atlanta (4 hour drive one way) to visit Joseph's brother, his wife and their son. It was Garrett's first experience sleeping without walls to reign him in. This was the result in the morning. (The green and black sleeping bag is his.)

Our version of a white Christmas. Wednesday (yes sorry this is out of chronologiacl order), we headed to the beach as we heard it would be 70. It wasn't quite that warm, especially with the wind, but we had a good time anyway.
Lesson learned though, it's not a good thing to be one of the few on the beach. The seagulls will attack you. The second I pulled a cracker out they all flew right to the edge of our blanket and hovered at my eye level. Creepy. Then we ate our sandwiches. Benjamin held his away from his mouth just a second too long and a bird grabbed it from his hands. (It was almost a full sandwich too!) Joseph ran around us in circles as we finished eating. Just before we left I held out a gummy bear to Benjamin, forgetting about the birds. My finger got bit as one grabbed it out of my fingers. I did not like the birds one bit that day!
Evelyn's first beach experience.

Garrett is armed and ready to attack.

It was crazy windy. Too bad, otherwise it would have been a decent temperature.


And of course, I just can't get enough of dressing Evelyn up on Sunday. To those who danced at BYU, yes I did. She has a lot of short sleeve and sleeveless dresses. I didn't want to cover up them up with a sweater, so I made an under shirt out of tights! Just like our cover up shirts. I cut the sleeves to short on this one though.

We made some gingerbread houses for daddy's birthday.

Garrett being silly and trying out mommy's pillow.
Hope you all had a merry Christmas!

8 comments:

Max & Pat Wood said...

It's great to be able to share just a little bit of the joy of the holiday with you. Love all the pics and we love you all very much.

Teresa W said...

What a great idea with the tights! I'll have to try that some day. I can't believe the seagull bit you. How rude! I'm glad you were able to have somewhat of a White Christmas.

jAkE said...

I love how much personality Evelyn and the boys have in all the pics. I think a christmas visit to the beach is a brilliant idea. its what Elvis meant by "blue Christmas"

HedaWood said...

It was fun to see you guys (by webcam) on Christmas morning!

Linds said...

Awesome! I can't believe I've never thought of making an undershirt with tights! Am I that far removed from ballet?

Ashlee said...

Have you seen the old Hitchcock movie "the birds,"? Creepy...

Bonnie said...

You are gonna have to show me how you made that undershirt!

Rachel Kim said...

oh jealousy...christmas week on the beach. i love evelyn's little outfit. very cute.