Soo much to say, not many pictures though. Where to begin... hmm. Let's start with illness. Last Thursday we went to a recipe swap for enrichment. Friday afternoon I received a phone call from my friend asking if my kids were throwing up because everyone who went had at least one family member who started throwing up that afternoon. The boys were perfectly fine and splashing in the bathtub. Phew. Off to bed they went. At 8 Garrett started screaming. And he had thrown up, and again, and again. He threw up 5 times in 2 hours until his stomach was empty and he was just dry heaving. It finally calmed down and we dared put him to bed. 2:30am, Benjamin started screaming. He threw up and then again while I was cleaning him up. Garrett is in the same room and woke up. Ugh, it was a bad night! Yesterday (Thursday) was the first day Garrett ate and didn't throw up. Benjamin fortunately was just that night. And of course what goes around stays around and now Evelyn is sick. It has been the weirdest illness. No fever and highly highly highly contagious. There have been two people from our ward in the hospital for dehydration. Luckily that hasn't been us. My poor mom, I have called every day with questions. In 5 days I did over 15 loads of laundry. I am done cleaning after this illness!
Ok next...flying. Joseph started flying last Friday. He made him self motion sick that first day. He has finally realized the pressure to study. The first day he got called on for a question and he said everything in his mind went blank. He wasn't the only one unable to answer but he was the only one sent to the flight commander's office. The flight commander wanted to know why he was told to give Joseph the best instructor. It was due to his position as the CWOB's aide and now he has this extra expectation. So he is hitting his studying hard. His day is now like this, get up at 3:30am, leaves at 4am. Comes home at 4/5, studies, eats dinner, studies and goes to bed at 8. As much as I would like his help when he comes home, it is harder on the boys. Benjamin really lost it yesterday when Joseph couldn't play with him all evening. I tried to remedy the situation and took the kids out for ice cream. June 6th the hardest part will be done, if only the boys understood time.
Evelyn is 3 months! Crazy, that went by so fast and I already have to change out so many of her clothes. The silly girl has the hardest time staying focused to eat as she just sits there and smiles at me. I love it, but not when she yells at me an hour later because she forgot to eat. She has the perfect baby rolls. We put Garrett in a real bed so Evelyn can have her crib now. I am trying to put her down in there to take real naps as she won't nap for more than an hour a day. A huge part of it is the boys unfortunately. In a small place with hard wood floors, sounds echo and magnify. We are working on a house of 'quiet' so that Benjamin's yelling and Garrett's shrieking doesn't startle her every few minutes. I swear sometimes those boys wake up with the pact to be good friends, and other days they agree to be each other's nemesis. Benjamin is terribly possesive of toys. He will even hide Garrett's toys in the closet so Garrett can't play with them. We have the missionaries over and one tried out a magic trick on Benjamin. He took a lego R2-D2 and 'ate' it. Before he was able to pull it out of his ear Benjamin fell apart yelling at him, "don't take my toy, that is bad, we don't do that." Oh boy. We are working on that.
I think that is all I will unload on you now. If you made it through, here is something to make you giggle. Benjamin was on the toilet with some loud gas. As I walked past he was sitting there plugging his nose. It definitely made me laugh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment