Sunday, May 8, 2011
Just a little on the sappy side
Mother's day this year brought me to reflect very much on the then and now. I was able to see something I longed for and waited years for. My little Benjamin, all grown up now, walked all by himself to the stands where all the Primary children were. (Whose parents weren't late to church.) He ended up in the back completely hidden by older children, but ever so politely stepped around and in front of them so he could see the family. He stood there looking at us pleasantly the whole time and then sooooo proudly, grinning ear to ear walked back to our seats after the children finished singing. I remembered 5 years ago when I went through the sadness of my miscarriage. It was a mother's day weekend and it was a hard time. I don't usually reflect on it too much these days but I remember how I felt that day watching the kids sing. Today I felt differently and was so happy to know Benjamin, Garrett, and Evelyn are mine. It's so heartbreaking to see people who have made bad choices and think that they were once someone's baby and their mom felt about them they way I feel about my kids. I pray that I will be able to make right choices and teach my children to make right choices. It is devastating to think of an eternity without your children. I am so grateful that it is possible to have them forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment