Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July fun






I have a friend who wrote about the fun and free things that her family does together. Here is what we do for free for fun. Joseph turns on the sprinklers and Benjamin, wanting to be just like dad, helps him out. Here are some pictures of Benjamin playing sprinkler man.

Here are pictures of us at the parade and waiting for fireworks. I have always loved the 4th of July and all the activities. I have enjoyed in years past taking my younger sisters to activities and was really excited to have my own little family to go to the parade and fireworks with. Benjamin though has changed and now is scared of noise! We had a hot air balloon over our house the other morning that was landing in the field next door. Benjamin liked watchcing it, that is until they pulled and blew fire in the balloon. He freaked out! At the parade Benjamin liked the horses but was scared and shrieked at the Babar balloon, fire trucks, and loud hispanic music. And of course he was scared at the fireworks. Crazy boy, he had no problem at the Orem Summerfest. Go figure. I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July and made some great memories.

4 comments:

Jayson & Sara said...

Cute Steph! I miss the fireworks and the parades. But we do have the sprinklers. And yes we use them too.

The Carlsens said...

Thanks Steph. We got his outfit at the Children's Place. I love that store. Great prices.

Kent and Kate said...

I love the Daddy & Benjamin pics! How did the party go?

Ashlee said...

I wish we had sprinklers! That looks like fun! Also I wanted to tell you that I really love that picture of you and Benjamin at the top of your blog. Oh so cute. What a good mommy you are :)