Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A New Piano (sort of)


About a year and a half ago, some nieghbors of ours had an old baby grand piano they were looking to get rid of. They were really nice and gave it to us for free. We didn't have the room for it at the time and put it in my parents storage shed. Well we have pulled it out and put it in our home. Yeah! It is about 60 years old and unfortunately needs some major tune-up work. When you play a key it plays anywhere from 1-3 notes at a time. Some notes continue to play as if you had pushed the pedal, even though the key is back up. Joseph won't let me play it with him home because it sounds so bad. Oh well, one day we will get it working.

5 comments:

Laura said...

That is so fun! You can finally enjoy the piano. Good luck getting it tuned.

Unknown said...

That is great! a BABY GRAND! Well the good news is all that stuff you mentioned can be fixed pretty easily when you get it tuned. How exciting!
Laura M

Kent and Kate said...

WOW! That would be amazing! I am jealous. Kent and I go and look at pianos all the time. It will be so wonderful when you get it fixed up!

Ashlee said...

OOOH! Fun! A real live piano. Even if it doesn't work the best I bet it is still fun to have around. It's expensive to get them fixed isn't it?

Emily said...

a piano! how fun Steph! It's really pretty even if it isn't sounding good! Now your mom can come accompany and you can have ballet class in your house! :) It was SO fun to see you too and I have a couple of pics of us at the shower that I will post soon. I miss you!