Monday, December 8, 2008

Another very long update

Wow the holiday season has definitely been too busy so far! With Joseph's busy school schedule of late I haven't seen much of the computer. So here is our long and much needed update. Thanksgiving we stayed here as always. I forgot my camera this day so sorry no pics for Thanksgiving day. We played some turkey bowl (football) with my family. Benjamin had lots of fun running around, especially when daddy would tackle him. Dinner was good and it was nice that everyone, including the younger kids, cooked/made something to bring. The next day I did the early morning shopping. I really didn't have much success this year like other years. It was fun to get stuff for Benjamin at Toys R Us, but the line was 50 min long. Yuck! That night we went to Temple Square. This has been a tradition of ours since Joseph and I have been dating. Benjamin enjoyed the lights. He loved seeing the benches and reflection pool. He had a pretty good time looking at everything.




The next day we went to my grandparents house in Holden to go up in the mountains and get a Christmas tree. Poor Joseph, many of my cousins attacked him and wouldn't let him alone the whole trip. He is a good sport and plays with them. My family hasn't gone tree hunting for years. Corry, my brother, got us to go this year. When we were younger there was knee deep snow to trudge through. Unfortunately this year there was knee deep mud. It was funny to see how the guys didn't give the mud a second thought and waded on through. The girls looked for another way, but the mud was inevitable.

A very steep hill we had to climb to get to the trees.

My beautiful muddy shoe.

Our well-trodden muddy path.


Benjamin with Aunt "heda"
Our tree before cutting it down.

Joseph manly cutting down our tree.

It took a while to find some good trees all the locals had cut theirs down already. We finally found some trees and started our way back home. Not before Benjamin played on the wooden fencing.


Benjamin was excited to set up the Christmas tree. He loves the lights and unfortunately has learned how to turn them on all by himself.


A Benjamin first: Benjamin has decided that he doesn't like food unless it contains sugar or is bread. He had his first cheeseburger from McDonald's this week. He loved it until he found out that there was more to it than buns. Then he wouldn't touch it.


I can't wait for the next week to be over. I have been sewing tutu's and a shirt for Joseph, attending many Nutcracker rehearsals and performances, and will start grading my BYU class this week. It will be nice when the busy days will end. Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

Stacia said...

Wow! You seem totally swamped with things to do. Hopefully you will find time to do it all. Benjamin is so big! I love to see the pictures.

T said...

We got our tree in southern Utah, Salina Canyon. Benjamin is too cute! I have to agree that my favorite things to eat are sugar and bread also!