With my family out of school for Spring Break, last Tuesday we went to the duck pond in between stormy weather. It was lots of fun and Benjamin loved the park next to it. No one was there and he had the slides all to himself. Which also meant that his pants soaked up all the water on the slides. It got cold so we took off his pants for the ride home.
Who doesn't love mornings when you get to be there for these moments. I feel bad that Dad's don't get to experience this very often.
He was very upset when Joseph decided he had had enough and pulled him off the hill.
Benjamin telling me about his blankets.
So happy in the morning.
For dinner we had Crystal Light for a treat. I didn't give any to Benjamin knowing from past experience, it can stain! Joseph did not know and gave him some in a cup. Benjamin has been good at not spilling out of a cup-but for some reason this time he decided to drink with his tongue out like a dog. Thus the war paint on his belly.
The tears are because we took his shirt off immediately for stain treatment.
I love living near the temple. In 45 min. we can walk to the temple, go around, and back home. On Sunday we let Benjamin skip his nap so we could go. It is way busy with missionaries all over. We let Benjamin out of the stroller to look at flowers while we sat down. He instead bolted for the hill, never looking back. He found his way up and down the hill many times with Daddy chasing him.
He is such a boy. He loves to sit in the Suburban or car and 'drive'. His obsession with this now includes daddy's motorcycle.
I guess I could be considered a mean mom, but the thought had never occured to me until recently. I was at Albertson's and saw a box of animal crackers on sale. Every kid loves these right? Benjamin definitely enjoyed guessing the animals as he ate from his first box of animal crackers.
Hope you guys are having fun with your many 'adventures'. Especially with the days of sunshine.



3 comments:
Very fun adventures indeed! I love the sleepy face photo especially. Also... I think it's great you guys go to the temple grounds. I have never thought of doing that but what a great way to get your kids familiar with and have good memories of the temple. THanks for sharing!
Steph, he looks more and more like you with every picture! Adorable!
How funny that he wants his clothes on so badly. Jane loves to get "nakie" and sometimes when the hometeachers are here. Not so good! I love the pictures of him waking up. So dear.
Post a Comment