1. High School
2. Bachelors
3. Masters
4. Basic Training
Last week I took my little boys and enslaved my sister on a trip to the Carolinas to see daddy. I was so nervous to travel without Joseph. He has always been the driver who knows where to go and has everything ready for the airport. We had no problems flying there and eventually made it to our destination. We did get lost going to the hotel which was an hour and a half away from the airport. Unfortunately it cost us an hour, late at night which the boys cried through in the car. Thursday was family day where the soldiers walk in, the sergeants say hello and welcome, and then they can see their families. Because of bad weather that day we had to wait until 1pm instead of the 10am we should have seen him. Benjamin immediately recognized Joseph and reached for him. He wouldn't let go. It took a while to get my turn. :) Benjamin was one happy boy. Sadly, not only did the bad weather short us time, but it very much constricted our activities for the day. The soliders aren't allowed off base the first day so EVERYONE was crammed into the few places available. We just sat in the car all day. It was ok though because it was nice to be a family again. The next day was their graduation. We were able to go off-post and took Joseph to his all-you can eat Golden Corral. He thoroughly enjoyed being able to take time to eat. At the hotel Benjamin and Joseph had so much fun chasing and tickling each other. It was almost like the good ol' days, except for the Army uniform and Joseph's very shaved head. Then we had to say good-bye. Benjamin didn't realize what was going on until we drove away from the parking lot. He screamed for his daddy over and over. That was so hard to hear. Joseph is now in Alabama in limbo. His Officer training was supposed to start this week, but due to scheduling conflicts in the Army he won't start until Jan. Then after 6 weeks from that point we will go out with him. While he is in limbo he is able to call. Yeah! It has been nice to talk to him and remember what it's like to have him a part of our lives. Sorry there are a lot of pictures from the trip. 
Brilliant!!! An indoor playground at the airport in Ohio.
The boys crashed on the 2nd flight to North Carolina. Thank goodness. The guy in front of Benjamin turned around and swore at us because Benjamin played with the tray on his seat before I could set the bags down while boarding and stop him. Not someone I am sorry to say I will never see again.
It's one of those pictures you should delete, but it was too funny that I got them both like this.
A few very happy guys.



5 comments:
Oh Steph! What a hard thing! I can't imagine being separated for so long only to have a few hours together before leaving! What a strong person you are! Love the dark hair by the by... and Garrett's updates were cute :) I think he looks more like you... and Benjamin looks like your hubby.
I'm happy your trip turned out well despite the silly weather!
Sometimes as I read your blog I feel like I am reading about my own life... Ally also would not let go of Tyler the whole day. And she just cried when we dropped him off after family day. It was good to meet you, even if it was on;y for a brief moment.
I am glad you had a good trip. Reading about Benjamin crying for his daddy made me get a little teary. What a sweet little boy.
Your piece was beautiful. Great job.
I'm so glad you got to visit Joseph! I bet the boys were so excited to see him.
Post a Comment