We have had some fun adventures lately. We spent one of the later warm Saturdays on a hike up Big Springs. Benjamin is unfortunately too big for the Baby Bjorn and we don't have a backpack yet so he walked, slowing things way down. He found big dandelions to blow and enjoyed that.
We went to BYU's homecoming parade with my mom, brother, and sister. It wasn't as cold as I thought it would be. Benjamin was not a fan of them throwing candy or the crowds cheering. He is really getting sensitive to noise and freaks out frequently. We gots lots of candy and the parade is still my favorite.
I forgot to bring my camera to the reunion, dumb of me. It was really small, only about 40 people from a class of more than 500. As most of you are aware Joseph is not particularly a social guy. I was really suprised to see him be sociable with everyone. It was funny to see how the same groups or 'clicks' acted the same way as in high school. Everyone told me what a great guy Joseph was and that he was the 'good' guy and how they liked him for it. Even the most drunk, after asking if I drank apparently the whole I am from Utah thing didn't click with him, made a point to tell me what a good example Joseph had been and cut off his swearing in front of us. It was great to hear them ask Joseph if he had served a mission. Well after that late night we started home Sunday morning. There was one stop where we seriously debated on leaving Benjamin at the rest stop... ok not seriously but we definitely needed to stop and give him space. After coming home way late we found our 4th and 5th black widow in the garage. Ahhh! I hate spiders, especially deadly ones! And so life continues on...



5 comments:
Good updates Steph. I was missing your blog posts! I am seriously impressed with your tomato haul, and even more impressed that you know how to bottle them. Someday when I can do that stuff you will have to teach me. Also I loved this picture of Benjamin all bundled up with the blanket and his hat :)
Wow!! Lots of fun stuff! Benjamin is getting so big! And I love all the tomatoes from the garden. I wish we had gotten some tomatoes, but they didn't do so well down here. I am still taking classes - they're driving me crazy, but I still have them. If all goes as planned they'll be finished in May. Then I have the senior project and so I'll actually graduate in August. But that sounds great to me!
Looks like a very busy and fun time! To answer you question: Chris isn't deer hunting but, he wil be going out for the extended elk hunt in a couple of months and its also came to my attention that he just drew out on the cougar so, lucky me if he gets both!!
What a crazy trip! I'm happy everything turned out well. I can't believe how many tomatoes you have!
I'm inspired by your gardening Steph! How fun, but too bad about those pumpkins! Benjamin is SO CUTE and I just love your blonde hair. I sent a msg to your facebook inbox about a baby shower coming up so check that out!
Post a Comment