The week of the 4th of July we had a family reunion for my mom's side. We are the youngest family on this side and don't really have cousins our age. It was fun though to talk as mom's with the cousins I thought were so cool when I was young and they were teenagers or getting married. The kids played this random game where they were split into two groups. The first group was in a circle while one person ran around them. Each time they made a lap they got a point. The other group passed a rubber chicken down a line under/over until the last person got it. They then yelled "fling the chicken" and threw the rubber chicken. The circle group would have to get it and the groups switched. It was funny to hear the kids yells "fling the chicken."
Aunt Andrea helping Benamin with the games.
Aunt Andrea helping Benamin with the games.We went to the 4th of July parade and had a good time. I am thinking that if I come home to visit, I will do so during the 4th. I love all the activities here in Provo for it! It was sad to think about how much I was going to miss this stuff.


All my boys waiting for fireworks.
A tribute to the photographer. Thanks Heather for helping me out until I got a new camera.



4 comments:
I love summer. Parade, Swimming, reunions, fireworks... I love it all! I'm glad you had an enjoyable 4th, your boys are ofcourse.. adorable!
Garrett is so adorable! I love the 4th in Provo too and I really missed it this year! BUT I think we're coming out next week, we think we'll drive out on Sunday, are you going to be around? I would love to just drop by your place and say hi or whatever works!
Stephanie!
Shayla gave me your blog site. Your two boys are absolutely beautiful! Congratulations on #2!
I'm getting married September 3rd and I want to send you an invite.
E-mail me your address to marceekay@gmail.com.
Hope all is well!
Wasn't that the funniest game ever!?! I think Uncle Doug was just excited to say "Fling the chicken"
If you come visit for a holiday it should definitely be the 4th. I think its our best family holiday.
Post a Comment