Friday, July 31, 2009

Cousin Jeff

What a fun lovin' kid! Always energetic and a perfect rough and tough young man. Worked hard and did a lot. I remember when his parents told us they were expecting Jeff. It was at family reunion during skit night. I didn't get their begating and family tree story and why everyone was cheering. My grandma told me they had just announced Aunt Heather was pregnant. Jeff was a cute little boy with a face full of freckles. A trait from his mom's side that he shares with all his sisters and brother. I remember at a family reunion auction he got some jewelry for a girlfriend when he was only 11 or 12. We laughed and teased him about being so young. His mom wasn't so happy to hear about his girlfriend. Last time I saw him was at Jake's mission homecoming. He grew up. He was tall like his dad and teasing Teresa about boys. A good kid from a good family. They are amazing, my Aunt Heather never buys store bread, she always makes it for her family of 8. They are thoughtful and invited me and my cousin when teenagers to go on a handcart trek with their YW/YM. My Uncle Jim is the one who would play with us nieces and nephews and be our jungle Jim. My heart breaks for my family. I couldn't imagine if my oldest son died young. He had a personalilty, dreams, and a life he was living. Good-bye Jeff and may God watch over you and your family. *If you have watched the news, the teenager who died at baseball practice is my cousin. Even more heartbreaking is his father was on the emergency team who came to the call.

2 comments:

coryshay said...

I heard about that... I'm so sorry. My condolences to your family!!

Ashlee said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this. I went and read the obituary and he sounded like a cute boy!