Friday, August 21, 2009
Fat Feet
There were 3 physical features I wanted in my husband. A dimensional (not flat) face, square shoulders (not droopy), and archy feet. I don't have amazing arches, but they have some arch.
Combined with my guy's archy feet, our girls could be lucky dancers. Joseph does have arched feet, as well as the other features. And now I wonder if this is the source for Benjamin's feet. When he was born they handed me his baby footprints. While he was a pretty big baby, his feet seemed even bigger. I exclaimed, "Where's my little baby footprints?". Too this day, he still has those big feet. They are not big in width, but in height. I have to buy shoes in a bigger size with adjustable straps over the arch. His feet don't fit in flip-flops or other sandals without the adjustable strap. His arch only goes in so far before being stopped by the strap and his toes don't even peek out. This was frustrating when I got two different pairs of leather sandals from GAP on sale for $5. But Benjamin's fat feet would not budge. They wouldn't be forced into submission into a set strap over the arch. I am not sure though whether he has high arches or just fat feet. One day when he grows up I guess I will know. Until then buying him shoes is no easy picnic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
That is interesting. You will have to let us all know which one it is.
you had very specific (but very good!) things you wanted in a husband! Only a dancer would think so much about their kids feet!
Post a Comment