Monday, August 31, 2009

Week 1

My family has been great and extremely helpful. I have no idea how I am going to do this without Joseph and them in another state. Joseph called me before checking in to Basic. It was very short and he just asked me to take care of some paperwork he didn't take care of. This has left me a huge mess of a project to take care of. It has frustrated me, making me miss him just a little less. The military will pay off his student loans but only over a 3 year period. They told him to fill out a military deferment form and then we wouldn't have to pay interest on it. LIARS!!! After 45 min. on the phone with UHEAA and 3 form options later, we will likely have to pay interest the 3rd year and I can't sign anything for him. So I have to mail it to him and hope that everyone there behaved so he can get mail privileges. Sorry for the too much information, I have just really had issues with this today! Ok now that thats out of my system here are some good things that have happened. Saturday night I took the boys with me to my garden and made it a small family night. We went and got hamburgers at Burgers Supreme, ice cream at Cold Stone, and Michaels for some scrapbook supplies. It was a pretty good night until the store. Garrett screamed the whole time. Benjamin threw fits and laid on the floor in the middle of the main aisle while I was trying to calm Garrett and pay at the same time. The whole store could hear them and probably couldn't wait until we left. I just wanted to scream at the thought that this was my life for the next six years. One guy kindly smiled and said "hang in there, you'll make it". Benjamin has been really acting out lately. I think it is his way of handling all the changes. He hasn't asked for daddy much and has been so much more loving to me which has been nice.
It's been cute as Garrett is smiling, laughing, and reacting to us. Benjamin thinks it is so great to make faces at each other which make for some fun car rides around town.
Well last Sunday with no church and the temple dedication we took a trip to temple square. I will end on a good note with some pictures of that peaceful day that seems oh so long ago.
It was a quiet morning at first with not many people there.
I wish I was better at photography and could do this picture justice. It was so pretty with the stone against the overcast sky.
The awkward self-timer shot from the unstable stroller.

When Joseph asked Benjamin to eat, he ran away with his ears plugged thinking if he didn't hear it he didn't have to do it.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I love the comment from the man at the store. That's pretty much the only thing you can do with kids.

debbie said...

Steph,
Send me your email address and I will get those bag instructions to you.
Aunt Deb
mccdlc@gmail.com