Tuesday, October 19, 2010

DONSA

When Joseph first got his schedule for his current training we saw that Monday the 11th was empty with the acronym DONSA. Apparently it means day of no scheduled activities and it was because of Columbus Day. Didn't know people got that off for a holiday, but cool we will take it. We decided that it would be a fantastic day to get in the last beach trip of the season. It was perfect! Not very many people were there and the weather wasn't too hot.
Garrett is showing which direction daddy went.


Joseph is brilliant and brought our double tube. He and Benjamin loved floating out in the ocean on it. One time it flipped oved while Joseph was pushing them out. I yelled from the beach, "get your son, get your son!" Good ol Benjamin while flipped upside down in the water still held on tight to the handles. (Actually making it harder for Joseph to turn him back over, but he was safe and all was well.)






I felt so brave going out in swimwear with only 1 1/2 weeks left. I think only a few people eyes were popping out of their heads at me. Definitely hate going out in public the last month as people's comments get bolder and eyes get bigger. One guy told me to lay off the calories and another asked if I was having twins. Sheesh people, it would be better if you just don't say anything.


As usual tradition when going to the beach we stop in at the real city and get some Cold Stone ice cream. Joseph always ends up with the flavor I really want and didn't realize until too late. At the outside mall with Cold Stone there is a playground that the kids love. It wasn't too hot this time so they were able to play.




We like DONSA!

1 comment:

The Carlsens said...

some people are so stupid when it comes to pregnancy!!! I think you look Fantastic in that swimsuit (and I'm not just saying that!)

Looks like you guys had a great time at the beach : )