Thursday, March 24, 2011

Westward Ho!

I have just written up quite a few posts, so hopefully I have enough left in me to explain well.

Westward ho! Back to UT we go. Most likely in July and not just for a visit.

Joseph has put in to be self-eliminated from the flight program and the Army.

Contrary to what will be popular belief, this was not my doing. Nor is it a result of my choices or desires. I have come to a point where I know that I can make a military life work. If it is to be, I am at peace now. I may not like a lot of things, but I am at peace with it.

Joseph however is not. Since he left for basic he has continually thought about getting out. It has come up for questioning at times, but we didn't feel like it was the thing to do at the time.

Last Tuesday I came home to see that he had already started a memo to turn in self-eliminating himself. I was totally shocked that this was coming up again. He was well into training, had flight time and seemed happy. It turns out it has been heavily on his mind again. This time we are at peace together and are following through with this. He turned in the beginning of the paperwork last Thursday. This came about so suddenly for me. It still seems surreal. We are very excited and talk about the great things we can do when we get 'home'. So July 18th is our projected leave date, but we will see. Anything can happen with the Army. Now he just needs to find some work so I can start hunting for a place to live. Can't wait!

7 comments:

Teresa W said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I think that is all I have to say :)

Kim said...

covet. covet.

HedaWood said...

I'm sooooo excited!!!

Max & Pat Wood said...

It will be great to see your family again and for a year at least have all our family once again in Utah. We don't know what the next year will bring for Juan and Stacia. Also I'm excited to see the boys and Evelyn.

Kent and Kate said...

I will be glad to have you back here.

Rachel Kim said...

Hooray

coryshay said...

Yay for July 18th!