There is a "zoo" out here that you here stories about but can never imagine how real they are. Lions, tigers, and bears in a backyard...oh they are very real. McClelland's Zoo Critters-land owned by a bleached mullet wearing guy with an Australian accent with a wide assortment of dangerous animals on it. He is very close with all his animals as he told us of letting the tiger and bears roam around at night riding on the golf cart-except the bear is too heavy now and tips it over. He even lets them eat marshmallows out of his mouth.

A non wild midget/dward cow with the lower jaw jutted out. One of the goofiest looking cows, but I am sure well loved by this guy.

He currently has a grizzly bear cub he traded a black bear cub for from a zoo. Apparently the moms wanted nothing to do with them. I was trying to get a picture to see how Evelyn sized up to an 8 week old grizzly bear.

This guy was just cuddling away with his baby. He let people hold it until, just like a human baby, it got antsy and wanted to run around.

Wow we were able to pet a grizzly bear. :)

One of his many tigers.

Garrett got knocked over by a goat and was pretty nervous the rest of the tour. Fortunately it meant he stuck right by mom.

A beautiful white tiger.

Benjamin was so brave and choose to hold a snake. I was not so brave and yet ended up with one around my neck and another on my head (even with Evelyn in the baby bjorn). My friend took the picture with her camera so I don't have it yet to post.

Then he asked for volunteers and brought out this big guy, 168lbs. He turned to me and my friend and told us to hold onto the kids and get back because the snake can eat up to 40 lbs and could eat them. If this guy was nervous about it, it made me
very nervous. We stayed back and walked out with all our kids.

And last a cougar! Go Cougars! :)
4 comments:
Holy Cow! This is for real?!? Can he DO that? Wow. What an experience :)
BAHAHAHAH!!! The zoo looks a little too creepy, but Taladega looks right up my alley...I would have loved to see somebody pull out their lawn mower and start mowing! That is awesome!
Actually, the zoo looks pretty cool, but I think I would be afraid of the tigers getting out of the chicken wire cages and eating me...and the snake eating my children. Yikes!
Dear Steph,
this is Becca on mom's account. I keep having dreams about you and the boys coming home. Last night I helped Benjamin put on his pajamas. I woke up and wanted to burst into tears. I CAN"T WAIT for you to come back to Utah!
Oh my word Zoo's are intense out there.
what a cute baby cub though.
Post a Comment