Tuesday, April 12, 2011

DISNEY WORLD!!!

We decided that we would never have the opportunity to visit Disney World like this again, so we went for it. Only a 7-8 hour drive and a military discount on hopper passes, it had to be done. It was the best! A vacation that actually felt like a vacation. We were definitely busy, but it was a perfect pace. Though the boys won't remember much, they were the perfect age for the trip. They could sit in the stroller and we were able to go as long as Joseph could push them and I could carry Evelyn. They didn't get worn out walking around. They were also to young to know what they were missing-park food vs. homemade lunches, other rides, and all the souvenirs literally in their face. (An employee at one kiosk threw a big inflatable ball at Benjamins face.) It was so great. The kids did so well and never had complete melt downs though we got them up every morning and had long days. We were so blessed on the first day. It was rainy=no one else in line. We walked right on to the rides at Magic Kingdom, sometimes even doing them twice. (Later on in the week we saw the lines for those rides 45-90 min.) We had gone on all our planned rides before lunch! It was great. By going early in the morning every day we were able to enjoy a lot before crowds arrived. While the boys didn't jump up and down with happiness, they definitely came off rides with big smiles. They loved the rides. I am so glad we went, our trip could not have been better.


I will admit as we arrived to Magic Kingdom after crossing the ferry I got choked up. I never in my wildest dreams as a child thought I would get to go to Disney World. I was on the west side and it was so far away and expensive. Here I was taking my kids to the happiest place on earth.

Life can be good when you marry a guy like this: The boys wanted to be held in line and Joseph was so nice and did it. They are heavy!
Garrett looking at all the amazing intricate work in "It's a small world".
The spinning teacups. It wasn't bad, and when I told Joseph he decided to take us for a real spin. He didn't do it for long since Evelyn just ate.

Benjamin loved riding on the speedway.
Yeah for Donald!
Tom Sawyer's Island
Getting ready to fly on Magic Carpets.
Loved the parade!
This band was awesome. Even cooler was that they were older.
A perfect day!

4 comments:

Emily said...

you guys look so happy! I'm so glad it was a successful trip.

When you mentioned you got choked up it really made me think that I need to take Max to Disneyland, it's like 20 minutes away and we haven't been, we need to save up and just go!

love you steph!

Rachel Kim said...

You guys are SUCH a cute family. It looks like an amazing family vacation. I'll pepper you with questions if we ever get to go to florida again.

sheesh you have good kids.

Jason, Kodi, Jake and Tyler said...

I'm a little jealous right now...Our last vacation was to las vegas. Yuck. (gotta to what you have to to see family, right?) It looks like you guys had so much fun!
Yeah! for coming back to Utah!!

coryshay said...

Looks like such a lovely vacation!! I know you guys deserved it and it looks like fun!