Sunday, September 7, 2008

Viva Las Vegas

Last weekend we flew to Vegas for a two day vacation. We haven't gone anywhere this summer and thought we would do something before school started. (I have wanted to go camping but was too scared of being attacked and eaten by bears.) Taking a kid with you changes the whole meaning of vacation. It wasn't relaxing by any means, but it was fun to get out and see things. We loved visiting all the little attractions of the big hotels. Especially the Lions at MGM and the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay. I loved the Bellagio water fountains. The lights at night were quite a sight to see. I would have loved to go shopping-so many big and beautiful stores-but Benjamin and Joseph weren't interested. We stayed at Circus Circus and enjoyed the little circus acts they had. Benjamin loved making friends and being adored by perfect strangers. Unfortunately with Benjamin we didn't go see any shows. I was amazed with all the show options they have every night! We arrived home safely, worn out and ready to sleep! I am glad that we were able to enjoy time as a family before the crazy schedule of school started!




5 comments:

The Carlsens said...

Looks like it was fun!

Kailee Joy said...

Fun!! Super jealous, I wanna go to Vegas!

Ashlee said...

Yay for Vegas! Good for you braving it with a child! I don't think I'm up for that yet. Also thanks again for the petting zoo :) It was really good to see you. I hope you are having fun teaching and that we can see eachother again soon!

Jared Blanco said...

I'm glad you found my blog!
I loved seeing more pics of Benjamin! He is SO cute Steph! What a fun little get away. Still looking for a job out here. I'll keep you posted!

Emily said...

whoops! this is really Emily White, not Jared.