A few weeks ago, the Orem Fire dept. held a fundraiser breakfast at Macey's. Joseph used to work with them at his internship and I thought I would take the boys in support. Two of my sisters came and we had a fun time. They had their trucks there for kids to sit in and two helicopters. Benjamin was quiet about it and needed some encouraging, but really enjoyed sitting in them. We saw the new firetruck that Joseph helped them get. He did the research on whether they should have kept an old one or get this new one. I saw a detective friend of Joseph's from work and met his old supervisor. His supervisor told me about a discussion he had with Joseph about whether to be a cop or a helicopter pilot. It was so nice to hear about it. From what Joseph told me and my first-hand experience, everyone has told him not to be a cop but to fly instead, or that he is so lucky, their so jealous, or it is so cool he gets to do that. I have always thought, yeah but do they realize what this means for our family, or that he goes to war? His supervisor said that he told Joseph, "you know this is dangerous, you will be sent to war and you won't be safe." I was so grateful to him because someone had stuck up for me and my kids. It really meant a lot to me. I don't know why, it doesn't change things, but I felt supported hearing it (from a guy, my friends have all been supportive of me). Anyway it was a pleasant morning and a lot of fun.
Here comes the noisy helicopter.
Garrett's not quite sure what the excitement is about.
Inside the helicopter.
Ready to drive.
The new truck due to Joseph's research.



1 comment:
When did you get these pictures taken with the boys? They are so adorable! Do you have any extras or a link to them?
Post a Comment