I love love love BYU's homecoming parade. I look forward to it all year long. You show up when the parade starts, there are no crowds, the band is inches away from you, the entries are fun and entertaining, and there is lots of candy thrown out. This year I also wanted to take Benjamin to a BYU football game. He may not remember the game, but it was important to me to have the memory and pictures of taking him to a BYU football game. He has been excited to go and says, "football game, yeah!" I was so lucky and got tickets for us and my mom to go to the TCU game a few months ago.
Then I heard a terrible noise destroying my happy and much anticipated weekend. Friday night at midnight I was reading waiting for Garrett to stop crying. There was no point in going to bed to be kept up by him. Then I heard Benjamin throw up. He threw up 3 more times that night. It was a long night of cleaning up and crying on both our parts. I had so badly wanted to go to the parade and game with him. I feel very sentimental about these things, knowing it will be so long before we can do them in UT and with my family.
In the morning he seemed better, drank water and ate a little, and didn't throw up. I am a horrible mom, but we bundled him up, carried and held him, and sat far away from anyone else. I took him to the parade. He didn't look happy but he did say over and over, "Parade fun, yeah!"
I did not take him to the game. It was so sad because all afternoon he kept asking for his coat so we could go to the football game. My sister came up with the idea to take him to a high school game if he keeps asking. He is doing much better, but we are keeping to the house for a while to ensure others don't get it. Stupid sicknesses.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment