Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Planning is so overrated

I had a perfect planned night and day. It went like this-go to bed at 9, wake up 4:30-5:30 with Evelyn, stay awake and get in full exercise routine, go to commissary and get groceries and valentine candy on sale, go to park with friends, watch my friends kids for an hour and then visit with her. Sounds lovely right?

Reality check-you can't plan.

Go to bed at 9:30, Garrett cries 10:30-12:30, 3:30 Joseph woke me up while getting read for work, 5:30 Evelyn wakes up. There is no way I have enough energy for my full routine. Try to sleep more, fail. Only get in my running. Off to the commissary. While selecting valentine candy I receive a phone call from a mother who came over for a church meeting yesterday. Her son, who she brought over has RSV. Garrett and Evelyn have been coughing for weeks now, guess I will go ahead and see if it is something more than a cold and have checked out for RSV. Have to abort grocery shopping to get to the Health clinic on post or wait to call tomorrow to see dr tomorrow. Leave in plenty of time to make the trek across the parking lot and in the building. Absolutely no parking! Yell in the van, "I HATE THE ARMY!" Get to the clinic. After hearing we had been exposed to RSV, they put masks on the kids. All three screaming and trying to take them off. Garrett has two ear infections and something in his lungs. Got a chest xray, but they won't even look at it until tonight. Tomorrow we will find out if it is anything. Dr says don't worry about RSV because they already have colds. (Is she that dumb?)

You just can't force a perfect day. I guess that is what makes them so perfect, they happen unexpectedly.

2 comments:

Max & Pat Wood said...

Sounds like one of those "I don't want to remember" days. Thank goodness there are good days to offset these kind of days.

Kim said...

Oh, good luck! No fun having sick kids.