Here are some pictures of Garrett. Sorry they are all pretty much the same. Life is going pretty well and adjustments are coming along for the new one. I am pretty much recovered and back to normal (except for the whole nursing thing-I really hate this part at first!). I have been able to keep the house clean and do a bit of gardening. (Oh exciting, I have some cucumbers growing big. Anyone want some Spinach or lettuce?) Joseph is in his normal cycle-army, flying helicopters, army, preparing and reading up on basic training, army, flying, flying, flying. Yep his rhythym hasn't been thrown off at all. Poor little Benjamin-his happy life as a single child has been destroyed, and he is not happy about it. Here are a few examples-I finally got Benjamin to sit down and eat lunch, when Garret started fussing I picked him up and brought him to the table. Benjamin looked at him, refused to eat, and fell on the kitchen floor in a tantrum. Today Benjamin saw that Garrett had a blanket when we went to the doctors. For the first time ever Benjamin wanted a blanket and took it to the doctors as well. He has never been attached to a blanket or toy before. Now when dad is home, I become the enemy. He won't let me touch him, he pushes me away and says "go". The other night he even kicked me. Benjamin will freak out and pull on Joseph if Joseph even just picks up Garrett. He has been very disobedient which he has been pretty good before. Also very tempermental when he used to be so happy! Any suggestions on how to help him adjust? Garrett has been pretty easy. Every once in awhile he has a bad night and won't go back to sleep. But I get enough rest to go about the day and I don't feel that crazy-yet. I am grateful for how well things have been going and hope that Benjamin will soon remember that we love him too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
He does have eyes! I think this is the first I've ever seen of his eyes being open.
I'm so sorry that Benjamin is being such a pain. If you ever need him taken off your hands, you know who lives closest! :)
Coleson was the same way... I'm glad though that he took his anger and resentment out on me instead of the baby! He'll adjust eventually just try to make an extra effort to give him special attention!
Well they're both adorable. I don't have any suggestions, but I'm sure Benjamin will adjust soon. It's hard sharing the spot light!
I obviously haven't been keeping good track of you or your little family... I had NO idea you had your baby, Congratulations! He's beautiful. Hope things are going well for you and your recovering and adjusting quickly!
It was great seeing you the other day. I don't really have any good suggestions for you. I think Benjamin will probably adjust as you continue to help him understand that this is the new normal and keep treating him the same as you did before. Good luck!
Post a Comment