Monday, June 29, 2009
MIA
There are no pictures for this posting. Sadly the camera is MIA and it is my fault. I can't remember where I put it and it wasn't in the suitcases when we came home. So if it shows up later I may post the pictures then. We spent a whirlwind of a weekend in CA. Joseph's brother Marshall, the one who lived with us one summer, was married this weekend. We drove up Thursday in the looongest car ride possible. I-80 across Nevada had construction for almost half the state and slowed us down tons. Even more frustrating was that there was no construction-just cones along the road. Then our lovely, mild-tempered, happy child Benjamin (oh wait that isn't his temperment) cried and whined for all but the stop at McDonalds (first experience with the play place), a short 15 min. nap, and a few minutes equalling to about a half an hour. We were so ready to kick him out of the car. Garrett did well and slept the whole time. It was great to see Joseph's family, 11 of the 12 kids were there. Benjamin loved exploring his grandparents house and playing with his uncles, aunts, and cousins Eli and Eve. Joseph was able to enjoy playing games of basketball and football with his dad and brothers. Saturday we went to the Sacramento temple for the wedding. It was sooo hot! I am glad to not live in such heat-yet (I guess AL is hot.) The reception was so nice, one of the best jobs I have seen of decorating the cultural hall. Benjamin was such a little rascal and kept running around and in between the tables. He definitely enjoys running and can be pretty quick! After a good weekend it was time to come home. Another long drive ahead of us. Benjamin did well and didn't cry until the last 2-3 hours. On the way home in CA we came across a bad car accident that had just happened. I have never seen the firefighters working so fast as they strapped people down. I got a little freaked seeing a small child being strapped and blood on the road. I definitely have been scared for life to keep my kids buckled in. I hope this made sense, we are a little sleep-deprived at the moment, and I have learned that I say weird things or incomplete thoughts when I am that way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Sounds like a whirlwind of a trip! I'm happy you made it there and back safely!
I'm also so glad you made it back safely! I totally remember Marshall, I can't believe that was that long ago! We're going to try another car trip to Utah this summer I think so I will keep you posted so we can get together! I want to see your cute boys!
Post a Comment