Thursday, January 14, 2010

Already?

Short version:
I am moving to Alabama Jan. 26th.

Long version:
Joseph went back to Fort Rucker after Christmas only to find out two days before Officer training started that his name was never entered into the computer last May to do his security clearance. So for the second time his training has been pushed back. This time to March 18th-May 6th. Bringing our seperation time to 9 months. Joseph asked if he could move us out there now so we could at least be together for 2 months before his Officer training. His sergeant, the office issuing the moving orders, and one of his commmanders said that the Army wouldn't pay for the move until the last week of February. So I would either stay out here until the middle of May, or pay the $3000 to move ourselves out there. I was not happy with either of these options. 9 months is a long time, but why should I pay for the military's mistake. Of all the things you can reasonably expect of the military is to pay for moves. Then I felt terrible for telling Joseph I wasn't willing to pay the money to be with him. To the temple I went this morning because I had absolutely no idea what to do. And I had to decide quickly to be fair to studios I teach at. Also to be out in Alabama enough before Joseph leaves for 7 weeks to make it worth it. I left the temple with the thought of trying to move ourselves if Joseph was given leave to get us. If not, I wouldn't have any one to help drive out and would have to wait until May. There was a message on my phone when I got out. Apparently Joseph helped his sergeant with paperwork and she was appreciative and pulled his orders for him. He now has them, and the army will pay for the move. So the date is set-the 26th. It is such a relief to have this decision made. Now to get the moving plans in motion.

7 comments:

Teresa W said...

I am glad that you are excited to be with your husband again and that, for once, the army pulled through. But what will I ever do without you? I am going to miss my favorite little boys!

Emily said...

STEPHANIE STEPHANIE STEPHANIE!! I would love to talk to you and am so sad I didn't get the chance to visit you guys over Christmas! When is a good time to call you? Maybe this weekend?

Jayson & Sara said...

That's wonderful news! I'm so happy that your little family gets to be all together! And I can't wait to read about your adventures in Alabama.

Utah Dancer said...

Yes, it is wonderful news! What a blessing! So glad you guys get to be together!

Ashlee said...

Wow! What an adventure you have ahead of you! I am glad you will be able to be close to him again. Are you holding up okay? Leaving UT was SO hard for me. I cried when we actually crossed state lines. I'll be thinking of you!

coryshay said...

What a crazy life! We'll be praying for you and hope that your move goes well and that all the time you get to spend together will make it all worth it! Good luck!

Stacia said...

Wow! What a huge change for you guys. If you ever want to come over a few states to visit, we would LOVE to have you.