We had a lot of family traditions to pack in the few days before Christmas. Like many of you, we made and decorated a gingerbread house. 
That night I had my last performance and my little family was so sweet and came and watched. 

(My partner is Trevor from BYU, he did awesome! Please don't judge my dancing years on this arabesque!) Tuesday night we went to Temple Square and saw the lights. Whew it was cold! We stopped in at the Lion House for dinner. We had never been there before, and we loved it! 

The next day we went to Burger's Supreme (Joseph's favorite hamburger place). Definitely a family tradition. Benjamin loves loves loves fries! 
To help pass the time on Christmas Eve we went sledding at Rock Canyon Park. My little sister's elementary school sent home a newsletter warning of the dangers of sledding, especially with trees. I laughed as I read it but had an experience showing it's reality. Benjamin and I went down on the outside of the bowl and I shielded our eyes from the snow flying in our faces. I looked up just in time to see us seconds away from hitting one of the trees. I tried to spin us and get Benjamin out of the tree's path. We then collided. Not quite sure how we hit, but I lost my right shoe, hit my right shin and my left gluteus. Go figure. Benjamin lost his glove but didn't have any other damage. (At least that we could see or hear him cry about.) Otherwise we had a fun time and Benjamin enjoyed sledding by himself for the first time. 
Rebecca and her great sled-a plastic garbage bag!



1 comment:
You might want to explain why our family has 7 Peaks tubes... especially if Andi and Bryan read your blog. :)
Post a Comment