Monday, April 5, 2010

Definitely Better

Crazy faces for crazy times!
This week was definitely a lot better. Garrett threw up early in the week, and that was pretty much all we had to deal with this week as for sickness. We spent a lot of time with friends and Benjamin was on pretty good behavior. It was funny though as soon as it hit Friday afternoon, his behavior definitely changed for the worse. This week we:
Colored eggs with a group of friends from Joseph's original officer class.
A friend offered to watch the boys one morning. I had no idea what to do by myself and stressed about wasting my alone time and ended up just staying and talking with my friend.
Went to the park some more.
Had a playdate
Put lime and composte in the sandy dirt for my garden. Put up the bunny fence. About freaked out when a spider the size of Benjamin's hand jumped out of the dirt while I was digging.
Put fire ant bait out on the lawn. Oh I really hope it works.
BBQ'd some very yummy Korean ribs.
WATCHED CONFERENCE!!! Yeah! It was absolutely wonderful, and I was so excited to feel like I was in Utah. I stayed awake for the first time in years and loved everything about being able to watch it. SO many good talks and good feelings.
Went on a walk through some woods on base with a friend and then off to McDonald's for ice cream.
Joseph's bus schedule didn't change Sunday so he was at church at 8 and stayed to noon. He only was able to listen to the first hour of conference. We went in the nursury room to let the boys play during the hours we were there. It was nice to have time to say hi without interuppting a lesson. Yes my son is poking the eyes on a doll. He picked it up, no one gave it to him.
Made for Easter Sunday-cinnamon rolls (to take to church for the military people), dinner rolls, 2 peach pies, 11 twice baked potatoes. We had Easter dinner with some friends and it was delicious. We all brought a lot and were begging others to take home food. My kitchen is so full of food! I need a human garbage disposal badly. We also had an egg hunt for Benjamin and his friend. This time the eggs were hidden. It was fun to see all the adults help the kids find the eggs.
Benjamin and Aloysious helping each other inspect the eggs contents.
Only 4 more weeks to go!

6 comments:

Laura said...

It sounds like you had a great week! I miss our playdates!

Coxes Child Care said...

Sounds like you've made some great friends out there. And yes, we are very jealous of your warm weather!

Emily said...

Steph your boys matching vests are SO cute! Glad you were able to see conference and your garden is underway, that spider is freaky!

Teresa W said...

How cute! I'm surprised you didn't mention anything about the Easter reenactment you encountered. I laughed so hard forever!

Melanie said...

Sounds like you had a fun week. Unfortunately I missed most of the Egg hunting festivities but am very glad to have had the baby otherwise.

debbie said...

Your human garbage disposal is already there. You just need to wait until the boys are about 15. Then you will never have leftovers again.