This week is one of those pretty busy weeks. Before I knew the days filled up with activities and fun. Which is awesome because time passes faster! Monday I played handyman and set up my netting in the garden for my climbing plants. This included: buying PVC pipe/attachments and rebar at Lowe's (told you it is my new addiction), cutting and assembling the PVC pipe frames, marking and drilling holes in the frame every 4". I never realized the fore-arm strength needed for so much drilling. It was pretty hard work. Next comes making the netting. With so many holes, it is taking a while. You can see that only 1/4 of it is done and I have much more to go.
Eventually it will get done. Here are two baby baby cuccumbers growing, yeah!
We did more gardening and cleaned the house the next day. We had a great spring/summer dinner with watermelon and corn on the cob.
Yesterday we had VT, a luncheon with the 'Army Wives'. (A group of wives whose husbands went through the WOCS class Joseph had lastly been held back from.) Then a pizza party with some more friends. Papa John's had a one day military special of 50% off an entire order. It was really nice. I enjoyed having a night of adult conversation and fun.
Today we went to Walmart and splurged. We got a bigger pool for Benjamin to play in and a floaty for Garrett so he can join Benjamin. Tonight a friend is bringing her little boy over and we are having a girl's night with bbq ribs and chick flicks. So excited!
We have an exciting weekend coming up. And then one week + some and I will have help with the boys! Yeah!!!! Today is a Benjamin whether you need a nap or not, go lay in bed so I don't hurt you, kind of day. He definitely talks about daddy a lot and how he wants to see him. Poor little guy. When we talk about what we are going to eat he is so cute and says, "We going to eat watermelon, it is so so so yummy, mmmm."
Can I just say I am soooo excited for my trip to UT. It's coming fast and I can't wait. May 12-26th, mark your calendars because I so want to visit!



5 comments:
I loved reading this, and your updates on the boys. Someday when I get to have a garden I will be calling you. Frequently. I am super impressed that you made that yourself!
Yeah, we always mean to skype-call you but then it never happens. But only a few more weeks until we see anyway. Yay!
Since when is Garrett's hair blonde? It is so cute!
You are SUPER WOMAN!?! I'm just trying to get 3 meals for my kids & a shower every day....or most days! I am MORE than impressed!
The garden is looking awesome! I'm so excited to see you when you come visit!
Post a Comment