Sunday, April 11, 2010

More randomness

I can tell that I am itching for conversation. My post is pretty long, sorry!

I think I am just about done hearing Benjamin's Cars quotes. In between each bite of pancake this morning he said "okay-dokey, that's what Mater says?" 3-4 times. Every other phrase out of his mouth is from Cars. He is so obsessed! He had a pretty tough time this week. In one day he dropped a kitchen chair on my toe, broke the bottom of his flower pot from the Easter Bunny, the toy bucket for his cars, and a jar of baby food. If I remember rightly he tumbled off the toilet head first that night as well. (He typically stands on it while we brush his teeth.) Not only does he quote Cars but now Sesame Street is in his repetoire. We never watched it in UT because it seemed to play way early in the morning or during nap time. He LOVES Elmo's World. He will even quote Elmo's giggle. He had a sweet moment and asked me to dance with him while some music was playing. I loved it.

Garrett is so addicted to food. He is very verbal during meal time. He screeches for more food the second his mouth is empty. Then when he eats he smacks his lips and starts humming/saying num num num num until he starts screeching again. He is amazingly so different from Benjamin already. Benjamin besides being colicky and fussy about sleep and eating was pretty good about entertaining himself and staying out of trouble. I didn't understand why people dreaded their kids becoming mobile with crawling and such. Garrett is into everything! And he smiles at me and continues playing with the VCR while I am telling him no and pulling him away. And he goes back and back and back to it. He also is already sassing me. When I take things out of his hand or take him away from the VCR he sqwuaks at me. He is so intense!
This week was Joseph's WOCS class car wash fundraiser. With our two cars we got to go twice. Benjamin was upset because he wanted to hold daddy rather than just say hi. As soon as we hit the first group of guys they saw the UT license plate they asked if we were with Haymore. I joked with them and asked if he was being nice. (At basic the guys said he never smiled, I wasn't too surprised.) :) One guy said that he called him Saint Joseph. It was pretty fun to joke with Joseph and see him for a moment. Benjamin was so excited to hand him the money at the end.

We hit the big town yesterday and got a double stroller. Without Joseph around to carry Benjamin, he has been getting tired quickly and stops walking after 5 minutes. I wanted to be able to walk with a friend so I got the stroller. We then had a surprising nice relaxing lunch at Olive Garden. I was really worried about the boys behaving and me actually getting a bite to eat between taking care of the two. Garrett was tired enough he just sat there and Benjamin was pretty calm and ate some calamari. It was really an enjoyable and relaxing meal.

It was pretty crazy today at church while we were waiting for church to start, in walks a guy from my freshman ward I had been friends with. He is the reason for the Native American sticker on my BYU id that still causes questioning when viewed. We had a good catch-up chat. It was kind of nice to have a bit of the past/home show up randomly in AL.

I didn't really take pictures this week but here is Benjamin painting his flower pot from the Easter Bunny. He was so serious about what colors he wanted, it was pretty cute.

2 comments:

coryshay said...

so cute!! What a cute family you have!

HedaWood said...

He is so cute!