Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Oxymorons, Contradicting Statements, Opposing Ideas
In ballet class our teacher Suzi would talk about how we must have absolute control over muscles to dance freely. That we had to use the correct muscles and dance by "the rules" and then we would be able to dance anything. She then applied this to the gospel. By following the commandments and obeying the church leaders we have freedom in our lives. On Sunday as Joseph and I was sitting there I thought about past conferences where we were home watching on the couch together. I really wanted to go home and do that. It was really hard at that moment to believe that someone really had the power and control to tell me that my husband couldn't come home with his family. I passingly thought, glad I live in America where we have freedom. Oh wait I don't have the freedom to be with my husband so that we can have freedom. Seemed like quite the oxymoron. As the song says... Freedom isn't free. Never really thought about what it meant, but I am slowly learning from personal experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Steph I can't possibly understand the sacrifice your family is making. I know what it's like to be alone while your husband is working, but it still isn't the same is it? But I want you to know that I for one am unbelievably grateful for the sacrifice your family makes so that our nation can be free. There aren't words to express the gratitude I feel. It's like the men in all those war chapters in Alma - they leave their families to ensure their continued safety and freedom. So thank you for living the oxymoron. Thank you.
Post a Comment