Today was the last Sunday that we had to attend a different ward to see Joseph. Next week he will have an 8 hr pass on base, which we will be nice. Unfortunately it's supposed to rain and he has to walk and can't get a ride. At least it should be a warm rain. The next Sunday he has an 8 hr pass off base and we can go to our ward. But not home... Such interesting and lame regulations. Anyway, then that week he will graduate. It's going to happen. This week we took a trip into town with a friend and her two boys and went to Red Lobster. Since Joseph is not a seafood fan, I don't get this treat often. I totally pigged out and brought some home. Later that night, Benjamin came up to me while I was eating crab legs and said, "mom, that stinks, that is stinky, yuck." It was pretty funny to see him decide for himself that he didn't like the smell instead of being told it was stinky.
New growths/developments from the boys:
Benjamin has actually been requesting bananas with his breakfast. Of course they are sliced with sprinkles, but hey he is requesting something healthy! He can not take a nap anymore, otherwise he stays up untill 11pm rolling around in bed. Argh! That caused a few frustrating nights. After one particularly bad night, he woke up at 7am the next morning not ready to get up. He cried when I told him maybe he should go back to sleep. It was going one of
those days. Which was not good because we had a full and tiring day ahead of us with a chuch activity, lunch and shopping with a friend in the city far far away. I told him that if he wanted to get up he had to be sooo good that day. And I said a little prayer. Miraculously he was a very good boy that day. I was ever so grateful. He loves to clean. While bathing he will use the washrag and clean the tub. One day I got out of the shower to this. He had also worked on a few windows for me.


Yeah for momentuous moments when your child enjoys eating healthy foods.

Benjamin has been a pretty good boy. When I am sending him to his room for disobeying or hurting Garrett he says, "Mommy, be nice to Benjamin." He has definitely gained a curiosity for trouble. I know he wouldn't dare wrap himself up in the couch cover if dad was home.

Garrett has got the sound mamama down. He doesn't know how to accent it right though. I got out of the shower one day to hear him squaking from his crib mamahhh mamahhhh. He has learned to wave. As he picks up his food with his fingers he will try to 'pick up' the small birthmark on the palm of his hand. I bought him some shoes and now he loves to stand. He pulls himself up and enjoys it. Unfortunately though he gets a little tipsy and will fall on the chairs he uses. He got a pretty fat lip as you can kind of see.

We went to this month's mom and me activity put on by our ward. They had a machine bubble blower and Garrett went crazy. We don't do it much at home because of the terrible fireants everywhere in our yard. He loved sitting in the bubbles, clapping his hands, and squealing. 
Garrett today has been extremely sensitive. He was whimpering this morning at 5:30am and went into hysteric cries. He wouldn't eat because he was crying. It was a scared cry rather than an I am mad cry. Everything set him off. As I rushed Benjamin to get dressed for church he ran down the hall and stopped suddenly. He started to cry. I have no idea why. Garrett had been crawling toward him and saw him cry. So Garrett joined in. I would have had a meltdown if it hadn't been so funny. It took me a few minutes to stop laughing and help them.
Last night I decided to have my own girl's night and watched Twilight. While the boys weren't interested in the movie, they were definitely interested in the popcorn we made. Benjamin LOVES it!
Yikes, my thoughts are so scattered! Sad to say, this is what my mind is like all the time. Poor people who try to have a conversation with me!
Enjoy your week!
2 comments:
The boys are so funny! Just looking at these pictures makes me want to cry cuz they are growing up so fast without us! So glad to hear about Benjamin's health interest!
PLEASE POST A PICTURE OF GARRETT STANDING!! I miss you all so much and can't wait for you to come back to Utah. Benjamin and Garrett better prepare themselves for mass squeezing!
Post a Comment