I am on a happy high. These are reasons why. This weekend I went to a baby shower for a friend in the ward. Joseph stayed home from a priesthood meeting because he was scared he would fall asleep on the way home and crash. (He had stayed up until after midnight working on his boss's speech and then got up at his usual 4:30am.) It is such a relief to have the kids with dad and asleep. It is like heavy football pads are taken off your shoulders. So I thoroughly enjoyed myself and the chance to chat away and laugh with friends. Also this weekend was Super Saturday, which I got put in charge of last minute. It was glorious again to have Joseph home with the kids for the 6 hours I was gone. I really think the kids and I needed a break from each other. That afternoon we did haircuts for all three boys. I finally convinced Joseph that with his boss leaving in 3 weeks I didn't need to cut the top of his hair so short. My husband again looks like the person I fell in love with and I can look at him and think 'Joseph' rather than 'someone enslaved by the military'. That night we had dinner with some friends which included Suzi Wood's son and his family. (For those who know her.) Joseph was pleasant company for the evening (a rarity, since he dislikes socializing) and we really had a good time. Church was a struggle with Garrett-I swear he was possesed. In the mother's room we went to drown out his shrieking. He was rolling over in my arms and going crazy. Same on the floor. He would roll around and try to burrow his head under the chairs. He could not be calmed. It took an hour and a half before I could get him to see an item I was trying to distract him with to calm down. However Benjamin asked me if I wanted to come to nursury again this week with him. (I substituted last week.) Made me happy that he wanted me to come. Benjamin said his first prayer by himself. He was cute and repeated much of mom's prayers but added just a few things of his own. Both boys ate their dinner yesterday without a fuss. Wow-a miraculous event for Benjamin. He convinced daddy to play a game with us and when the dice hit the hard wood floor, Garrett freaked out from the noise. This gave Joseph and me the giggles because it was too funny. As Benjamin helped me make brownies for Joseph's boss he just burst out singing,
"Follow the Prophet, Follow the Prophet, Follow the Prophet." I couldn't believe what was coming out of his mouth. I have played the primary cd's frequently and will sing with them. But Benjamin hasn't ever joined along. Joseph and I were amazed at how grown-up and impressionable Benjamin is. Joseph forgot to take the brownies to work this morning and so I brought them in to keep him from getting in trouble. We were able to take them up to his office and meet the secretaries. They adored the boys. The best part was that Joseph was all smiles. He had lots of smiles this weekend. That has made it a great weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I'm so glad to hear you had such a great weekend! You should post pictures of the boy's new do's.
Way to count your many blessings! Happy husbands are so much better than unhappy husbands. That sounds really ... lame... but it's so true.
that sounds like a WONDERFUL weekend! it sounds so nice to have joseph home with two cute boys and a sweet girl on the way. way to teach benjamin!
Post a Comment