Sunday, February 14, 2010

Bring it on

Garrett doesn't sleep through the night, (nor does he nap for more than 1 1/2 hrs a day). I am done getting up with him. I wouldn't at first, knowing that the first time would bring on a cycle that would get worse everynight. He slept great the first two nights here, and then it got bad again. Unfortunately that first night of getting up happened. I now say bring it on kid, you can cry for hours, from now on no more nice mom. I have been getting up with him up to 4 times a night so he doesn't wake up Joseph (who gets up at 4:30am) and Benjamin (who is in the same room). Last night, 3am-6am, while refusing to go in, I decided Garrett is getting moved to the another room and Joseph has been warned to wear earplugs. And my lovely background noise now is him screaming for the last 1 1/2 hrs refusing his nap. You are so on, I will not bend, I want sleep!

5 comments:

the Youngs said...

I hear you our puppy was the same way!!! and we're just starting to catch up on our sleep. good luck I hope he learns fast, sleep is one of my many favorite things!!!

coryshay said...

Good for you! I haven't slept for 20 months, and looking back on it, it wouldn't have killed her to scream and learn how to put herself to sleep and I would have been more sane. Good for you, and may the force be with you!

Melanie said...

Stick it out. I will get better. I promise. You are doing a good thing. It will take time but...he will learn.

HedaWood said...

I hope me popping in his pacifier didn't perpetuate this habit...I needed sleep too, well you know...

Teresa W said...

Haha, I love it! It is so something that Dad would say. Btw, I finally picked up your pictures and they are adorable! They should be in the mail tomorrow!