In the first few days of living here I realized that helicopters were flying over our house constantly. I mean more than 2-3 times an hour, much more. Sometimes it's only a background noise, and sometimes my dishes in kitchen are rattling. Apparently we live near the Black Hawk practice field. I sighed those first days and determined that this noise would be a regular thing in my life now. And helicopters are so much in my life, even though Joseph hasn't started flight training. Here is how. Besides the noise from the helicopters flying over, Benjamin comes running to me all day yelling about the helicopter in the sky. He carries around his toy helicopter all day. Here is a video I got of him just spewing off about helicopters at dinner. Nothing was said to start the topic. I went to feed him and he just started talking about them. We went to the Aviation Museum on base and it further encouraged Joseph and Benjamin to be little boys with admiring eyes. Here are pic's of the museum and a video of Benjamin's little soapbox presentation on helicopters and airplanes.
The MASH helicopter for my MASH obsessed family.
Daddy and helicopters make these little guys very happy.
Talk about big guns. The silver belts are full of bullets.
I guess someday Joseph will know what to do with all these gadgets.
Garrett is ready to buckle up and fly home to Grandma.
One of the helicopters for the president of the US back in the day. Great style don't you think?
And for fun, here is a dress I made for Valentines.
Benjamin sporting a great look while helping me make heart shaped cookies for Valentines.



6 comments:
Augh! I can't get over how absolutely adorable the boys are! I love them!!! It seems like Garrett has grown so much! Benjamin's little helicopter lecture was so cute!
Cute dress! I love the pic of the boys with their faces in the cut-out of the airplane! So cute!
Okay I know this post was all about helicopters... which I totally loved all the cool pictures, but I MUST say that your dress steals the show! You MADE That? I wish we lived close so you could teach me!
That video cracked me up. So cute :) Also, I love that dress, and you made it!! I'm impressed.
You MADE that dress!!??! I wish I could sew like that. It's so cute!
This is Heather on Mom's new account, so you now have a link to the blog she'll be trying out.
Post a Comment