I know I know, it's pathetic. But these last 2 1/2 weeks I think is the longest I have gone without seeing my family. It was so fun to live with them while Joseph was gone. They were so helpful and nice. It was great to have someone to talk to at any time, especially my mom. I even miss Heather's Econ lecture recaps and debates. I could call up Teresa and say "let's go to the Creamery tonight" and have a fun night with her. Rebecca would save my life and ask if she could hold Garrett when he was being a pill. Andrea entertained Benjamin and let him tag along. Jake opened his bedroom door and let Benjamin in to play with his BIG remote control cars and bouncy balls. My dad is and always will be my dad, helping me when I am in need. He also surprised me at what a great Grandpa he is and would let Benjamin sit on his lap while working. He and Garrett became great friends staying up late and partying almost everynight. Corry, I even miss you. :) You brought a lot of fun and energy on Sundays (btw-I still like Laura the best). I miss them and am so grateful to have such a great family. I can't wait for Jake's wedding to see them again. (Sorry for those who have already seen these pictures on my siblings Facebook)





Jake, Andrea, Rebecca, Heather, Teresa, Me, and Corry


On the left is Jake's fiance. Welcome to the family Kylee!



4 comments:
I can't believe how old everyone looks!! It's been so long since I've seen Heather and Teresa! I hope things are going well out there!
Augh! This makes me want to cry!!! There are so many times I looked at your New Home blog and wanted to come over to check it out and realized that I couldn't and then wanted to cry some more!
I can't believe you put up that last picture! We all look ridiculous!
I love your family too. I can't believe how much you have all grown up, though. It's crazy!
Hang in there. It took me a while to adjust to being away from family as well. Just focus on your "little family." Holidays away will be hard but try to focus on building your own family traditions instead of mourning the old ones. It helps. I promise.
Oh wow! Everyone got so grown UP! Those are not the little girls I remember teaching ballet to!
These pictures are wonderful, and I think it's so great that you had that time with your family before you left. It's something you'll always be able to cherish. I don't know that everyone moving back home would have had such a great experience so a big gold star to your wonderful family!
Post a Comment