Monday, June 21, 2010

Anniversary Weekend

Friday was our 6th anniversary and it was a great day. We had great friends who volunteered (we didn't even have to ask) to babysit for us that night. I signed Joseph up to go scuba diving the next day so I didn't have anything to surprise him with. I made a ton of cookies and snuck them in the car for Friday hoping that it would put his boss in a kinder mood and give Joseph a good day. It kind of worked! His boss said next time to send some wine and he would give Joseph the day off. We had a crazy crazy half hour right before dropping the kids off. A meat wholesale company came to the door (which I was geniunely interested in), my friend called, Joseph got a call from a guy offering us tickets to a dance (more on that later), I had to make reservations for the next night, call and get a babysitter for the next night, feed the boys dinner and do something with my wet hair. We finally got out, dropped off the kids and headed out on the long drive to town where there is something good to eat. As we drove Joseph asked me to get out the GPS. As I did so something rattled in the drawer. I looked at the cigarette lighter and noticed that we didn't have any plugs that were missing. I further investigated and found a box of diamond earrings. Totally surprised and I love them! Turns out that Joseph and the boss went to the PX (a one store minimall on base) to get them and ran into the General (for those who don't know, he is in charge of the Fort, you don't get higher than him here). He jokingly asked what they were doing there during work hours and Joseph's boss said that they had to get Joseph an anniversary gift. The general asked when our anniversary was and he told him "today sir". The general then chastised him saying that he should have already bought the present and have given it to me that morning! Ha Ha Ha. I love that Joseph was taught a different lesson by the Army than how to shoot people. He is not typically a gift giver and so he was already going way above and beyond by getting one. And the one time he does, it isn't seen as enough by someone Joseph has to listen to. Makes me laugh. We had a great time at this small and very classy Thai restaurant. It was perfect! The first food I had eaten in forever when eating out that didn't make me sick! Definitely had a good night.

The next night we went to a second chance prom put on by a country radio station out here. It was pretty funny to see drunk people of all ages (even elderly grandparents) out on the dance floor. We didn't do much dancing, but we had a good time out. We were really lucky to have two nights to ourselves! It was a good anniversary weekend.

2 comments:

Teresa W said...

Second Chance Prom!?! What a great idea! I hope you were able to get all dressed up for just like you've always wanted :)

Stacia said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun.