Friday, June 11, 2010

In your opinion

I was at an enrichment mtg where they talked about someone teaching us how to make bracelets. The thought occured to me that I would have a baby girl and actually would be able to use the little bracelets I have so admired. Before I would notice how much I liked cute things like that, but then erase it from my mind. Boys don't wear bracelets, or cute crochet hats, or flowers/bows, or headbands, or nailpolish. As I am looking to get new baby things to go along with a girl I have thought about purchasing these type of items. If you have a daughter, how much do you use these type of items? What ages do they work best for in your experience?

6 comments:

Kent Kate & Afton said...

I used them all the time.

Candace said...

I don't use them much at all. It really depends on the child and how many times you make them stay on them. Having three girls we gave up on the bow/headband thing until they wanted it. It really was pointless to put them on before, say church, only to be stuffing it in your diaper bag half way through sacrament. Plus, it was one more item to keep track of. If you want to put them on for cutsie occasions that is great. Email me if you really want to hear Bianca's blessing headband story! Good luck!

Linds said...

I put a bracelet on Amelia in the hospital and it's been there ever since...Well, I've changed it a few times but she always keeps it on and doesn't play with it. The same with a headband and hair bows. It's toally up to you though. If you're consistant with it, she'll be used to it an wear it and vice versa. I love them!

Bonnie said...

I agree that they are pointless until the kid is old enough to want them. Ally still doesn't like anything in her hair.

Kasey Smith said...

if you are consistant and always have them in their hair every day or have the braclet on all day every day it will be no problem.

Laura said...

I loved using bows and bracelets. Marné started asking for a bow in her hair when she was really little. She didn't feel dressed until she had her hair done. It didn't mean that she always kept it in, but it wasn't really a big hassle to keep track of for me. It's totally up to your own little girl. Either she'll keep it in, or she won't. I just love how cute they are.