Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Never in Utah

I mowed the lawn today for Joseph. It wasn't too hard. Just really hot with sweat dripping down my face like crazy. Then I turned a corner. As I lifted the lawn mower to make the turn, stuff flew out of the bottom. Not highly unusual. Except for with the grass clippings was a frog. Ick. I muffled a startled scream and continued on with the thought This never would have happened to me in Utah. I was a good mom and showed the boys the frog even though I would have preferred it didn't exist. I however didn't show them until I was done and we were on our way inside so I didn't have to worry about Benjamin trying to play with it. I did have one happy discovery as I mowed. We have had these thorny bushes growing in the front yard that Joseph has wanted to kill, rip out, cut back etc. I kept telling him I didn't think they were weeds and to let them go. Turns out they are berry bushes! Not quite sure what kind and if we can eat them. Do you know Grandpa?

1 comment:

debbie said...

blackberries, although at the Camp house they are referred to as bloodberries(because those thorns are mean!)