Saturday, June 26, 2010

A little bit behind

Garrett turned 1 this month and we had a little party for him. I thought it would be way fun for the kids who came over to have a pinata. So I made one and it turned out pretty good. I was relieved. The kids loved swinging at it. Benjamin learned that if you use the bat backwards, you get better hits.
Joseph's new hat.
As Garrett had previously shown, he is not afraid to dig into cake.

Garrett wanted to try on my glasses. He looks pretty good! PS-go to the beach at 8 in the morning. It's is plenty hot enough and no one is there yet!

Yeah! I finally finished my first quilt. My grandma helped me make the top back in January. I have been one slow poke with the hand quilting. Now onto so many more sewing projects.

One afternoon we had an awful storm that left a mess. It killed my garden, broke braches, and left junk all over our yard.
Wasn't too happy about this one. My peppers and cherry tomatoes are still doing well. I had to buy zucchini and about cried. A gardner should never have to buy zucchini. Unfortunately my garden has been a failure out here this year. It's really hard to stay motivated and keep working on it. But as the primary song says The Prophet Said to Plant a Garden.

2 comments:

Rachel Kim said...

Hey you didn't tell me a storm wiped out your garden. That's much more depressing than the soil is bad. oh you did such a good job too. Look how tall they are!

Rachel Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.