Tuesday, March 9, 2010

9 months

Garrett's new stats: 19 lbs 9oz, 28 1/2" and I don't know about his head measurements. Our new doctor didn't give us anything with the numbers and told he was in average percentiles. Can I just say I really don't like the pediatrician we were assigned to? Last week Benjamin had a 103.3 fever (which left quickly), an ear ache all night and a rash on his torso. Garrett simultaneously had a terrible terrible cold with deep lung coughing keeping him up at night. I called the office to make an appt. and they wouldn't see us because our records hadn't shown up from UT. They told me I could go to urgent care in the town 40 min. over (whose address was non-existent according to GPS and mapquest). Well the military insurance makes me talk to a nurse to get approval to go to urgent care. The nurse said that I might want to take them in in the next 72 hours but she assigned me to a different urgent care in another town 40 minutes away. By this time it was late in the day and Joseph was gone all night, so I prayed hard and put them to bed early. They have been getting better and I figured we were fine and would just see the dr. for Garrett's 9 month. Garrett's records have arrived, however Benjamin's have not. And this morning Benjamin's eye and around his eye is swollen and extremely goopy. They told me they would have the dr. look at it while in with Garrett. When I asked about his records not being here, they told me it didn't matter for an illness, only for a check-up. Seriously, who is the liar because if it is the woman who told me no on Friday and caused me extreme stress for hours and 50 min. over my plan to talk to the nurse, I am upset. Everything is alright with Benjamin, it seems to just be an infection. But the dr.s office was dirty, small and seemed almost like a county health clinic. I have been spoiled with very attentive nurses and a doctor who go to extreme measures for the kids. Always sending home certificates for the patients and great info and such for the parents. This place...not so much. The doctor prescribed Benjamin for cough syrup when he isn't couging. I think that is weird. Anyway Garrett is doing well, except for being anemic. Which doesn't concern me because Benjamin is and I figured it would get better as he got older. But they are making me come back in two weeks for a re-test. Ohy, hopefully the iron drops work.

2 comments:

Teresa W said...

I am sad to hear the boys are not feeling so well and that the doctors and such are being a pain. That is no fun. Hope things get better!

Ashlee said...

Grrr! So frustrating!