Friday, March 5, 2010

As if it weren't already enough

I would have thought being locked out of the house would be enough adventure for one day. But more came yesterday. Where do you think would be the craziest place to have a fire drill? Of course they are a normal thing to have in public schools. At BYU we would have them all the time during ballet class. That was pretty crazy as we would grab something to cover up our tights and leotard and run outside where the Modern and Folk dance classes would continue dancing on the grass. How about the commissary? (The grocery store on base.) It is about a 15 minute drive from home and I still take a long time shopping because I haven't memorized the store's layout yet. It makes for a long trip. We were so close to being done. Just a few more items and only three aisles from the end. Then the alarm went off. It was kind of funny because all the shoppers just looked at each other all thinking, "what is that?" I couldn't believe it was a fire drill, maybe some alarm that went off accidentally. The employees starting ushering people out telling us to leave our carts and exit the building immediately. I grabbed my two kids, one under each arm, and my coupon basket and left my almost ready to go cart. Benjamin fought me the whole way, what can I say-he loves shopping. After waiting for the fire trucks and police to come and clear the alarm, we were allowed back in. My 1 hr and 15 min. shopping trip turned into a 2 hr 30 min. shopping trip. Maybe not the craziest place to have a fire drill, but one I would like to avoid!

5 comments:

Ashlee said...

Random comment:

I love the music you have on here. After I read you last night I went to do the dishes and I just left it on so I could hear your music... I loved it. It was all so STEPH. It made me think of your house, and sleepovers, and cookie dough, and rehearsals, and so many more things.

Just wanted you to know that I love ya, and I loved the music. So thanks!

Kent Kate & Afton said...

with two kids! terrible! I am sorry.

Elizabeth said...

Ha! Brings back great memories of dancing on the grass in front of the RB. Unless it was the middle of winter, and then all of us just huddled together and attempted to not freeze while we were out in the snow in our dance clothes.

The craziest place that I have been when the fire alarm went off was Ikea the first week it opened. Spencer and I had just gotten our Swedish meatballs from the food court. Everyone just looked at each other and kept eating. Luckily it was a false alarm, and we got to finish our meatballs :)

Melanie said...

WOW! Who would have thought. I can just imagine it. Somewhat funny...somewhat frustrating!

Ugh!

Laura said...

What a trip! I remember that RB firedrill very well and also the day the power went out and the water was off because it was leaking in the fieldhouse. Crazy times.